On our dishes in the menus, there is sometimes a number followed by a word under allergy information.
The figures correspond to the following figures from the National Food Administration:
SUBSTANCES OR PRODUCTS THAT CAUSE ALLERGY OR INTOLERANCE
Cereals that contain gluten, ie. wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelled, kamut or hybrid varieties thereof and products thereof, with the following exceptions:
- (a) wheat-based glucose syrup, including glucose (1);
- (b) wheat-based maltodextrins (1);
- (c) barley-based glucose syrup,
- (d) cereals used in the manufacture of alcoholic distillates, including agricultural alcohol.
- Crustaceans and their products.
- Eggs and products thereof.
Fish and products thereof, with the following exceptions:
- (a) fish gelatine used as a carrier for vitamin or carotenoid preparations;
- (b) fish gelatine or husbloss used as clarifiers in beer and wine.
- Peanuts and products made therefrom.
Soybeans and products thereof, with the following exceptions:
- (a) fully refined soybean oil and fully refined soy fat (1);
- (b) natural mixed tocopherols (E306), natural D-alpha-tocopherol, natural D-alpha-tocopherol acetate, natural D-alpha-tocopherol succinate from soybeans,
- (c) phytosterols and phytosterol esters derived from vegetable soybean oil;
- (d) phytostanol esters prepared from sterols from vegetable soybean oil.
Milk and products thereof (including lactose), with the following exceptions:
- (a) whey used in the manufacture of alcoholic distillates, including agricultural alcohol;
- (b) lactitol.
- Nuts, ie. almond (Amygdalus communis L.), hazelnut (Corylus avellana), walnut (Juglans regia), cashew nut (Anacardium occidentale), pecan (Carya illinoinensis [Wangenh.] K. Koch), Brazil nut (Bertholletia excelsa), pistachio (Pistacia vera) , macadamia nut and Queensland nut (Macadamia ternifolia), and products thereof, with the exception of nuts used in the manufacture of alcoholic distillates including agricultural alcohol.
- Celery and products thereof.
- Mustard and products obtained therefrom.
- Sesame seeds and products derived therefrom.
- Sulfur dioxide and sulphite in total concentrations exceeding 10 mg / kg or 10 mg / liter expressed as SO2, to be calculated for products marketed ready for consumption or reconstituted according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Lupine and products derived therefrom.
- Molluscs and products derived therefrom.
(1) Also applies to products derived therefrom, provided that the processing process is not presumed to have increased the allergenicity determined by the Authority for the product from which they are derived.